Sunday, February 28, 2010

Choices

While praying and looking at the Planned Parenthood building I often began to think about my children.
My daughter is in heaven due to a choice made more than 28 years ago. She died in a place very similar to Planned Parenthood. My step-daughter, whom I did not raise, has three children.

My second choice, to marry my wonderful wife, meant that I would never be able to father another child.
Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to be a father seeing his child born into the world, to comfort his wife after a long labor and to hold his new born baby in his arms. Due to my choices I will never know this feeling, but God in his mercy has blessed me in other ways. He has given me children by another means. Because our step-daughter did not believe in abortion she had no choice but to choose life for her children. Though I lost my fatherhood, God in his limitless mercy has seen fit to allow me to experience "grandparenthood."

No comments:

Post a Comment